Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Best Moms!



What a blessing it is to have 2 wonderful moms! My mom and my mother-in-law (who really is just mom to me). My mom is one of the best women I know. Last Sunday for Mother's Day we were together at my brother's house and we were all sharing memories of our moms. I talked about how I remember her jogging in the mornings and sometimes she would bring day old donuts home for us to have for breakfast. Of course we had to have eggs with the donuts. Mom has always been into healthy eating and made sure when we were growing up that we always had well balanced meals. Another of my favorite memories of mom is when I was 14 and she would have the YW in the ward over to sew. We sewed every Tuesday or was it Thursday? Anyway, that summer she would have any of the girls in the ward over who wanted to come and she would take us shopping to buy fabric and we would come to our house and she would help us sew. I had the cutest school clothes that year! And so did alot of girls in the ward. When our family moved when I was 17 years old it was mom who came up with the idea to have one of my best friends, Heather move with our family. That really saved me! Mom knew how hard it was for me to move and she went above and beyond in trying to make it as painless as possible. Another of my favorite memories of my mom is her being there with me to take Jordan home from the hospital. We were walking out of my hospital room to take Jordan home and mom was carrying him. The nurse stopped mom, who had Jordan in her arms, and said "Usually the babies mother carries the baby out of the hospital." Mom did let me carry Jordan out of the hospital:) Anyway mom I love you! Thank you for your example of motherhood and all you have taught me. I hope to continue to make you proud. NOW my other mom. I love Mark's mom so much. I have loved Mary longer that I have loved Mark! She was my seminary teacher my Senior year in high school. I just did a Stake Primary Training this week and I shared the story of my fabulous Seminary teacher Sister Comstock! My whole talk was based on mom's "Hershey Kiss" scripture. Alma 37:6 "by small and simple things, great things shall come to pass." My other mom has helped me through many things in these last 19 years. I always know I can talk to her and she always has great advice for me. She is an amazing women with a great love for her family. I love to get her weekly family emails. She has a strong testimony of the gospel which is an inspiration to me. I am so blessed to have these two amazing women to look up to in my life. I love you BOTH!

1 comment:

  1. So, true Becky! I love both of these amazing women as well. I also love the wonderful woman you are! Thank you for being a sister and friend. And thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete