Thursday, October 13, 2011

Learning from a child.

In math this week Madelynn has been doing double digit multiplication. She is struggling with it a bit and on Monday and Tuesday night homework time was EXTREMELY difficult. She got SO frustrated!! Which translated into Mark and I getting frustrated too. Well, Wednesday night she came home with more of the same kind of homework. Mark sat down to try to help her and things went downhill fast. I tried to help and still things were NOT going well! I just told her to let her teacher know she did not understand it and do it with her teacher tomorrow. ( Because I knew she would not cry and scream at her teacher.) It was getting late and she was so frustrated there was not way it was getting done. She went into her room and came out about 20 minutes later. She was completely calm and said, "Mom I said a prayer and I asked Heavenly Father to help me be able to finish my homework and understand it and not be so frustrated. I did all the problems and dad checked it. I missed a few but not many and dad said he would help me fix them in the morning." How proud was I? What a great example of faith Madee is. She KNEW that if she asked her Father in Heaven to help her with her homework He would. Heavenly Father WANTS to help us with EVERYTHING. We just need to ASK! And KNOW that He hears us and will help us if we but have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment