Thursday, May 3, 2012

Tables and happiness


So I have been trying really hard NOT to be sad and obsess about missing and worrying about Jordan.  I just LIVE for Mondays when we get his email.  Then I read and and think "Well, dang now I have to wait a whole week before I can hear from him again.  It is SOOOOO hard.  I really don't think you can even understand the feeling unless you have or have had a child on a mission.  I have a favorite song I listen to called "My Son".  In it is says; "to everyone else he is just a boy gone for two years, but to me he is so much more."  That is so true.  But then I think about him being home and I say, "I wouldn't want him home.  He is just where he needs to be."  He is so happy and is loving and learning so much by being in Honduras.  I am so excited for Mother's Day when I will be able to talk to him.  I have so much I want to say.  So much I want him to tell me.  I can't wait to hear him speak Spanish.  :)  This is the "Jordan hall of honor"  Tomorrow I get to mark off another month on my calendar.  4 down and 20 to go.  :)  :(  This is how I feel about that. 



I LOVED this paper.  Can you read it?  Check the bottom of the post for those of you that need a translation. 

We had our Relief Society dinner a couple of weeks ago.  The asked people to sign up to decorated the tables.  They said you would have to take home your dirty dishes and wash them.  So I decided that sounded like a terrible idea and I would just do paper products so I would not have to take a box of dirty dishes home.  :)  Then the idea of a school themed table came to my mind.  The colored papers on the table say;
A mother is...
A sister is...
A friend is...
A teacher is...
 I had my class write something on each of the papers.  My favorite was "A mother is someone who tells you what to do!"  Anyway, the table was a hit.  And why several of my RS sisters were at home washing dishes at 10:00 pm I was home relaxing!!!
Answer:  Big strawberry, healthy for your body.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky! I totally know how you feel about Jordan. It is so hard!!! The first year is definitely the hardest. The first 6 months seem sooo slow... but once they hit their year mark, it is so weird, it really does start going a lot faster. I am amazed that Matt only has 3 1/2 months left. He is so sad. He doesn't want it to end. I am finding myself having the same mixed emotions about him coming home as I did the day he left.. I am SO HAPPY to see him again, but SO SAD that it's over. Our family has been blessed so incredibly during his mission. It will be weird for it to be over. . . Hang in there! I promise... it gets WAY better!! :) p.s. I emailed you my phone number.

    ReplyDelete