Friday, November 20, 2009

My favorite Young Men/Women Activity!

We had the BEST joint activity on Wednesday night at church. ( I know that many of you fellow bloggers are leaders or parents to youth so I thought you might be interested in this idea) We put together some fruit and treat baskets and broke up into groups (of about 6 or 7 youth) and went to visit some of the older couples in our ward. The couples told us about what life was like when they were children and teenagers in the forties and fifties. At the house I went to Brother Snow told us about how he loved to go to the movies with his friends and the kids asked how much it was to see a movie. He told us 14 cents! He said his mom would send him to the store for a loaf a bread that cost 7 cents. The youth asked questions and then we closed with Brother and Sister Snow giving the youth advice on how to stay close to the Lord. We then met back at the church and the youth shared the things they learned from the different couples in our ward. The bishop then encouraged the youth to be sure and say hi to their new found "friends" when they saw them each week. The youth absolutely LOVED the activity. Jordan said he was so sad he did not invite his friend Zach he has been fellowshipping. Jordan said, "I heard we were taking fruit to old people so I thought Zack would not want to come. I wish I would have invited him. That was SO cool!"

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a fun activity. I wish we could do things like that, but unfortunately, we have no old people in our ward. We ARE the old people, since most of our ward is under 40. Sad, isn't it ;) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I alawys love looking at the "Comstocks" blog!! I love and miss you guys tons! :)

    ReplyDelete