Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Grandma Felt







My Grandma Martha Afton Felt passed away 2 years ago this week. I miss her so much and have thought so much about her this week. Jodi was here this weekend and it was fun to be with her and share memories of our sweet Grandmother. Jodi writes in her book about Grandma's hands. I love Grandma's hands for all the good she did with them. Grandma was ALWAYS doing things for others. She loved to serve and to be with her family. She always had a child or 2 or 3 on her lap. One day we were on our way to visit her and we were telling the kids we would be to Grandma Felt's house soon. Madee was about 3 and had four grandmas at the time. She said "Which one is Grandma Felt?" I described Grandma Felt to her and she said "Oh, the one with the soft lap!" Grandma loved all of her grandchildren and great-grandchildren and made them all feel important and just like they were her favorites. Even though I know she truly had no favorites I secretly always felt like I was her favorite. I am sure any of my cousins who read this would say the same thing. Did you all think YOU were her favorite? She was a beautiful women inside and out. She has been a great influence in my life and has played a big part in making me the person that I am. I will never forget her cinnamon rolls, ice cream, Hawaiian chicken, homemade bread, sewing room, shopping at DI, going to McDonalds and Chuck -O-Rama, visiting her at the MTC, long talks in her living room, morning family prayer, watching old movies together, spending time together at Hobble Creek the list goes on and on. Finally, laying in bed with her holding her beautiful hand on Easter Sunday 2 years ago and telling how much I loved her, thanking her for all she taught me and telling her goodbye. Oh, I miss you Grandma! I know I will see you again one day. It is my goal to live my life so that I can live with you again one day.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post Becky! Aren't we lucky to have such great examples in our lives of wonderful women!? She sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, your kids are getting SO BIG! And, congrats, Jordan!!! Woe! :)

    ReplyDelete