Friday, January 21, 2011

Pictures?

I guess I think that if I have no pictures to post I cannot post something on the blog. Then I started thinking... Why am I doing this blog anyway? My answer is simple.
FOR MY SELF AND MY FAMILY.
So why do I have to have pictures to write a post? I love to follow other people's blogs. It may be because I am a self admitted reality t.v. junkie. I guess following others blogs is kind of like a reality television show right? But I keep my blog so I will have a family history when it is all said and done. I try to keep a journal too. For things that are not for the blog. I love my gratitude journal. Although with my other New Year's Resolutions this year I have had a bit of trouble writing in it this past month. Since we moved, we have been attending a new ward. This has given me an interesting prospective on things. I love hearing new people's comments, talks, and lessons in church. I also love that a new ward is an opportunity for a whole new set of friends. It is hard to go to a new ward. Especially when you are leaving one you love so much. But have vowed to take this opportunity and make something great of it.


As for the family... We haven't taken many pictures because we really have been running in alot of different directions this month. Mark coaching the JV basketball team, Jordan going to work and school and starting soccer, Whitney is with Mark alot keeping stats for the basketball team, doing school work, and with friends. Courtney with school, and basketball, and friends. And Madee and me, we are constant companions. Together in the mornings after everyone else leaves, then going to school together, coming home and making dinner together and running errands. Madee is right there with me. I am happy I have her. Things are never dull OR quiet with her around!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I just started publishing my blog into books (2008 came last week) and reading over it, I was reminded of how much I've forgotten. A LOT. It makes me want to blog even more often! I keep a weekly journal and a daily gratitude journal too but the blog is a different angle and nice to have pictures and explanations together. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You moved?! Where to!? Life is busy in this stage isn't? It's a great time of life though with teenagers, I love it! Good luck with your new ward! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Everytime I take a few minutes to check your blog--I'm so glad I did! First of all, I think you're right--pictures are nice, but its also great to just hear what's going on with you. Looks like you had a great Christmas. From the pics, I can already tell I love the house you're in! Matt and I got a good laugh at Jordan's hair after the assembly. Priceless. Miss you guys so much. We need to plan something, cause I think I've had enough of this not seeing you stuff. Love you! Give hugs to all from us!

    ReplyDelete