Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Blog I've Missed You!

I thought I lost the cord to my camera that I need to plug into the computer to download my pictures.  I found a way around it by putting my memory card into the computer and downloaded my Halloween pics.  But it was not very easy to recover them and post them to the blog so I have been avoiding doing it again.  After spending the last 2 months blaming my girls for the loss of the cord it hit me today while I was blow drying my hair!  I remembered where I had put the cord!  Now I cannot remember WHY I put it where I did but I did remember where I put it. :)  I am so happy to be able to blog with ease again. 
       So much has happened since I last blogged!  The 3 biggest things are:
                                                                                       1. Thanksgiving
                                                                                       2. My Birthday
                                                                                       3. Christmas
I have now made it through EVERY family event and holiday without Jordan being there.  He will be gone for 1 YEAR on Jan. 4th.  This has been a long year in many ways but to think I actually survived so many major events without him is amazing.  I know if I can do it for 1 year I can do it all over again in 2013!  :0)  So onto Thanksgiving...
This is how I chose to spend my Thanksgiving morning this year. 




Madee had fun taking pictures at the pool. 

Grandpa reading by the pool. 

Waiting in line for our Thanksgiving dinner.  Mom and Dad an Me.
Don't my parents look GREAT?!?!? 
       We went to Las Vegas and ate at a buffet.  I know a little weird. But I decided spending Thanksgiving morning at the pool instead of in the kitchen was really not to bad.  We waited in line at Planet Hollywood's Buffet for about a half hour or 45 min but compared to the normal prep time for a home cooked meal it was pretty great.  The food was good but no leftovers, which was a big negative.  :(  Also having all the stores and things opened almost made it feel not so much like a family holiday.  I felt sad for ALL those people who were working so hard that day.  We actually STARTED our Christmas shopping too. Which Mark and I never usually do until we get out of school for the Christmas break.  It was a fun little get away with the girls and my mom and dad.


Thanksgiving evening on "The Strip." 

Grandma really wanted us to have a picture by this shop.
To bad we were WAY to full to go in and get anything. 


Oh, how I LOVE these folks.  And how I miss Jordan!!!!



The girls with their Grandparents. 

Now on to my birthday!
I turned 44 on Dec. 14.  Crazy to me to think I am that old.  But Jordan is 20 so I guess if my kids are getting older I HAVE to also.  I had such a great day.  You cannot go wrong spending your birthday with a classroom full of 1st graders.  They are so excited and happy for you they made my day fun.  Around 3:00 Whitney and Phillip and Courtney showed up at school with a gift for me.  I love it when they surprise me at school.  :)   After school we went home and opened gifts.  Then went to dinner at Wingers and to see "A Christmas Carol on the Air" at SUU.  A boy from my class was playing Tiny Tim.  It was a great show. 





 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, Becky! We did a Reno buffet for Thanksgiving one year and I felt like you - it was fun, different and relaxing but I missed leftovers. I ended up making small portions of our favorite things in the days following the holiday. It was perfect because we had our favorite foods but none of the stress! Plus, you can't beat laying by a pool in November! We swam on Thanksgiving too :-) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete