Saturday, March 30, 2013

Spring Break 2013

So the break is about to come to an end.  Tomorrow is Easter.  And Monday, back to school for 7 LONG weeks with NO breaks!  Hopefully we will have some warm weather and long recesses to help us get through it.  :) 

On Wednesday Mark and Courtney and Madee and I went up to The Parowan Gap.  Exciting times!  I had never been there and there were all kinds of old Indian writing on the rocks and lots of interesting history to read about.  After exploring the rocks we went to Brad's to see our favorite new employee.  Whitney has been working there for a couple of weeks.  I do LOVE a Brad's diet coke with lime.  Most of the kids that work at Brad's have some kind of connection to Brad.  Some of the girls were asking Whitney how she got her job there and she said.  "I don't know, my mom likes diet coke?!?!?!?!?"  So apparently all those diet cokes with lime every morning on the way to school paid off.  :) 




Enjoying an ice cream cone at Brad's.


I am seriously debating leaving this picture on the blog. 
Why is it I have NO neck and I resemble an Umpa Loopa? 


On Thursday the day started early and we met Grandma and Grandpa and Grandpa's brother Uncle Larry and Aunt Ann and David and Julie and kids in the Wal-Mart parking lot and we all headed up to Zion.  It was a perfect day weather wise.  And man, did EVERYONE know that.  It was REALLY crowded.  But we had a great time.  We had to hurry to be home by 4 because Whitney had to work.  We will have to do it again another day when we aren't rushing to come home. 



Madee took this one.  Check out the rainbow!


Many times when we are together I make Dahlin take a picture
with me.  OH, I miss Jordan SOOOO much!  Dahlin is such
a good young man.  He too will make a great missionary one day.
( Next year!)


Uh, ya we think we are funny.  Great engagement pic huh?

Brother and Sister Jordan will be the best missionaries!!!! 
But Geez, I will miss them too!!!!



On Friday we were a bit lazy.  Whitney worked, Mark, Courteny and Madee got haircuts. Whitney got in a fender bender on the way home from work.  We are so glad she is o.k.  She just has a little bump and kind of burn on her for head.  We think she got it from hitting her head on the steering wheel.  Then we spent a good part of the afternoon and evening worrying about what to do with only one car and 3 drivers!  Luckily we had planned to have the missionaries over for dinner.  That was a nice distraction.  We grilled some yummy burgers.  Oh, how I love the missionaries!  We invited them to spend Conference Sunday with us too.  Conference it next week.  There are many rumors about some really exciting things that maybe announced on Saturday morning.  It should be a great weekend next weekend. 

Saturday we mostly hung around the house.  Whitney and I went tanning.  Well, she went tanning I walked while she tanned.  I made it all the way to Joann's while she was tanning.  Then we ran to the store.  Heather Kadera and Lindsay Holmes came by for a visit.  They were both home for Easter.  Then Mark and I went to dinner with Mark's student teacher and his wife.  We dyed Easter eggs tonight.  I almost didn't do it this year.  The kids are getting older and I thought it would be no big deal to not do it.  But it's a tradition.  Even when you get older you still do traditions right?

Tomorrow we will go to church and focus on the life of our Savior and His Resurrection and the wonderful gift of the Atonement.  In the evening we will go to mom and dad's house and have an Easter egg hunt.  ( OR Treasure Hunt as my mom calls it now that the kids are getting older.)
Then we will have Easter dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment