Sunday, February 20, 2011

Introducing the Jr. Garbage Can Band!!!!

The class played on cans, milk jugs, pots, homemade maracas, and garbage cans.
Playin with the CVHS band.




Jordan doin his thing.



Jordan playing the glass bottle.

I have had a fabulous student teacher in my class for the past 6 weeks. She was in David's band in high school and still plays her trumpet at SUU. She put together a Jr. Garbage Can Band with my 1st graders. And boy was it a hit!! The kids loved it, their parents loved it, her proffessor at SUU loved it, the CVHS Garbage Can Band loved it, all of North Elementary loved it. The high school band came and played for us and then our band performed in an assembly. David then asked my kids if they wanted to perform with his kids! Oh, it was so fun. My kids had the time of their life.

1 comment:

  1. That is SOOO cool Becky!! :) Love it!! Also love your Valentines Day gifts! It's great to get spoiled once in a while! :)

    ReplyDelete