Saturday, February 12, 2011

Little Miracles

I got a new calling at church this week. One I NEVER expected!! I was asked to teach Gospel Doctrine. Yes, my jaw dropped to the floor too when I was asked. Well I was given two days to think of a good reason why I couldn't do it but every excuse I came up with was not good enough. I have faith that the Lord is calling me to this position, not my next door neighbor who is in the bishopric and asked me to do it. So I will do it. Oh yes, it will be HARD, but I am sure blessings will come through my study of the New Testament. I was talking to my mom about it today. (she and my dad teach gospel doctrine in their ward) We were talking about all the little miracles that happened in Christ's life that were not recorded or that we may not recognize as miracles. Our family had a "little miracle" happen this week:

My jeep stopped working about 2 weeks ago. It was the strangest thing. I drove it home from school and then went to get in it 20 minutes later to take Madee to her singing group and it would not start. When I turned the key NOTHING happened. It was COMPLETELY dead. We tried to charge the battery but nothing worked still. We just let the car sit in the garage because we were sure it was something major that was wrong and wanted to wait till payday to take it in. We had just paid our tithing that week. (A BIG tithing check for part of Dec. and the whole month of Jan.) I have to admit we did think for a split second... "it would be nice to have that money right now." Two weeks later payday came. Jordan went out to tow the car to the shop with at friend. He thought he would just try to start it just for fun. Which I had done a couple of times during the two week period. When Jordan tried to start it that night it started!!! He drove it to the shop anyway to have them check it out. $40 dollars later he picked up the car and brought it home! Now that is a "little miracle" for our family. And a testimony of paying a full tithe:)

1 comment:

  1. awesome story Becky! Love those little miracles! Good luck with your new calling! That is one that would scare me too!! You'll be great though!! :)

    ReplyDelete