Saturday, April 2, 2011

It is important to be nice




I remember when Whitney was little (around 5 or 6) one of the YW in our ward was voted Homecoming Queen. She was one of my Mia Maids a few years previous and Whitney just loved her. I remember telling Whitney that she (the Homecoming Queen) was probably not the very prettiest girl in the Senior class. (Although she was just adorable) But that she was probably the nicest girl in the Senior class and that is the reason she was voted Homecoming Queen. I have always told Whitney...

it is nice to be pretty but it is more important to be nice.

So the other day she was at golf practice and she was golfing with a girl who is a Sophomore at the other High School in town. They were talking and getting to know each other and they asked each other their last names. When Whitney told her that her last name was Comstock the girl's jaw about dropped to the ground and she said, "You are Whitney Comstock!! I have heard so many people talking about you. Everyone just LOVES you!!!" Whitney said she couldn't stop smiling the rest of the afternoon. What a great compliment that a reputation like that proceeds you.

I am proud of my girl!!!!!

1 comment: