Sunday, April 10, 2011

PROM

Whit ready for her "day date". My beautiful daughter and handsome son.
Putting the finishing touches on her hair.
Trying out some new settings on my camera.
Madelynn and Courtney so proud of their big sister!!
Chelsea and Jordan
Dad, Whitney, Mom, and Jordan

Where has the time gone?
Austin, Whitney, Chelsea, and Jordan
Mark has been telling Whitney for years that when she starts dating he is going to buy a bat and make all the boys that take her out sign it. As a "gentle"reminder to take care of her while she is with them. :0) He will then present the bat to her husband at her wedding luncheon. Austin signing "the bat". He was such a good sport.
Whitney and Austin with "THE BAT".
Whitney and Austin
We look just as good as we did 23 years ago.

If I do say so myself.
Whitney and her Bestie Kyra.
Kaden and Kyra Keller and Whitney and Jordan.
Whitney and Kyra are BFF's and Jordan and Kaden are too.

(if you can say that about boys!)

Mark with his "Soccer Girls"

I really do feel like it was yesterday that it was 1988 and Mark and I were going to our Prom.

(I started falling in love with him that night. He looked so cute in his tux!)

But apparently 23 years have gone by.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

So now it is 2011 and Mark and I have 2 children attending their prom. It was yesterday and it was great. It was Whitney's first dance and first date. It was Jordan's last formal dance. (There is one more girls choice dance this year.) Of course, Mark and I chaperoned and it was fun being there and seeing all the kids in there tuxedos and beautiful dresses. What a great blessing it is to be able to go to the dances and not have our children totally want to die because we are there.:0)

2 comments:

  1. I've loved catching up on your blog...your kids are beautiful! I cannot believe Jordan is a senior and going to BYU...weren't we just there?:)
    Wasn't I just babysitting him? Time truly goes too fast! Send me your email or phone #...we have lots more catching up to do! janturley1@juno.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I cant believe how grown up they are! You look great! xoxo

    ReplyDelete