Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tonights the Night!!! (or maybe tomorrow is the day)

JORDAN LEAVES THE MTC TONIGHT!!!! So tonight for dinner Courtney suggested we have Jordan's favorite dinner.  We made sweet pork burritos.  They were delicious.   Jordan will board a plane(the red eye) and be well on his way to Honduras.  He leaves SLC at 12:55am and flys to Atlanta.  He has a long layover in Atlanta which will afford him plenty of time to call us.  He may even call tonight while he is in the Salt Lake airport.  I am sooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!



 Here is a little bit of his letter from this week... I am so proud that he has truly taken advantage of his time in the MTC.
This week has been completely different than others, because it is our last, and because Elder Oveson and I were selected to demonstrate teaching for a group of the new missionaries yesterday! Every Wednesday when the new Elders come in they split into 8 groups, and every group has about 20 to 25 missionaries in them. In these groups they are introduced to an investigator and are told they are to teach this investigator. But to get them started, some seasoned missionaries (me and Elder Oveson) knock on the door and start the lesson off for them, because that is what we have been practicing for the past 8 weeks. So Elder Oveson and I were selected to help out with that. We must be ok teachers:) It was weird though because we had to do it in English, and I had not taught a single English Lesson in the MTC before yesterday. It was fun though and went really well. I want to tell you more about that on Monday morning.
Basically all I have left here is Pday (today), an orientation all day tomorrow, pack and listen to stories from our teachers on Saturday, and Fast Sunday. Then I'm out of here.
I have loved it so much here though. The MTC is the most spiritual place that a person could live in on the planet. I heard a quote from our branch president that the MTC is 2nd only to the Temple in places where revelation is received. I have been so blessed to be able to live here and learn here for 2 whole months! I have learned a language here. Not that i'm anywhere near fluent, in fact i'm pretty sure that next month will be the toughest month of my life because of that language barrier, but i'm so excited for it. We heard from Elder Jeffery R. Holland again on Tuesday night. Thats not normal that 4 times an apostle speaks here in 2 months, and its certainly not normal that 2 of them come twice. It was such an amazing talk. Elder Holland loves the missionaries so much. I've watched like 5 of his older MTC talks since I've been here, and the one I was there for on Tuesday will be viewed by future Missionaries as Well.


This place has changed me so much and I am just so ready to get out and serve now. Thank you all for all of your support in the last 2 months and everything you have done for me. I love you all so much!
Love Elder Comstock

I am so proud of him for really taking advantage of his time in the MTC.  He is going to be such a great missionary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment