Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Graduation...He DID IT!!!!






Jordan and his grandma and grandpa Jordan with the gold pocket watch they gave him.



The P.R.A.S
Kaden,  Jordan, Daniel, and Zack
                             


Jordan giving his speech.  It is blurry because my zoom doesn't work so well.
                                            
What a proud mama I was on Friday afternoon.   At approximately 4:02pm on Friday, May 27th,  the Canyon View High School Graduating class of 2011 started to walk into the SUU Centrum.  Jordan was the first one in followed by the Valedictorian and the rest of his classmates.  He stood up and asked everyone to rise for the singing of our National Anthem and then he spoke.   His  speech was magnificent!   He spoke of some great teachers, his dad included.  He spoke of going great places, he spoke of happiness, his mother :), and being proud to be an American.  (Getting ready for a really important political speech one day?)  The sky is the limit for Jordan!!!  We had a really nice dinner at the house with lots of family.  Both sets of grandparents were there along with David and Julie and family and Kate and Matt and family.  We had his favorite for dinner.  (Costa Vida sweet pork burritos)  Mom and Dad brought real Costa Vida tortillas, and enchilada sauce and ranch dressing.  Mark and I went to Grad Night with Jordan later that night.  Mark and I both decided we are far to old to be staying up all night.    But a great time was had by all at the party.  I did not even shed one tear at the Graduation.  I was all smiles, I was just beaming with pride for my boy. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Jordan...and you and Mark too! I've learned (the hard way :))that parents deserve as much credit as the kids!:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family, Becky! You have every reason to proud of that son of yours. He's grown up to be quite the man. I hope you know how grateful I am that you let me stay at your house all weekend while Matt was MIA. I haven't felt that at peace in a long time. It so nice to just be with you guys! My eyes light up every time I think of you all! And you especially, Becky, are an inspiration to me! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Becky! That is such a great day! Jordan has grown up to be a very impressive young man!! :) Lots of awesome milestones ahead!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I can't believe you have a graduate! (Guess we are right behind you.) What a great kid he is! Hey, I am driving the kids to Utah (by myself!) in July. I'd love to stop and see you--maybe we could meet somewhere to eat or something? Let me know if you'll be around. It will be on the 19th or 20th.

    ReplyDelete