Friday, May 6, 2011

Lasts...

I have been spending alot of time in these past 6 months thinking of all the "LASTS" with Jordan.  His last Christmas at home for a while, his last New Years Eve at home , his last football game came in the fall, his last Easter just passed, his last soccer game was last week, and tomorrow will be his last school dance.  On Sunday he stood up and bore his testimony and said it was his last fast Sunday in our ward.  Well, the water works started and it was bad for me!  I had not thought of that yet.  I just sat there bawling thinking that surely it was just last week he was a little Sunbeam singing in the Primary Program.  He was standing there in the front row singing "Scripture Power" at the top of his lungs.  We could hear him singing above everyone else in the entire Primary.  And now he is standing up in church saying it is his last fast Sunday with us. 
What happened?!?!?!? 
He will graduate 3 weeks from today and I truly am not quite sure how I feel about it.  I am been so blessed to be Jordan's mother.  He is such a great young man and I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending him to me.  The day he was born my dream to be a mother came true.  My goal to be a mother was finally realized when I held him for the first time. 
Thank you Jordan for being my son. 
I love you more than you will ever know, and am so proud of all of your accomplishments thus far.  I know you will do so many more great things in your life. 

2 comments:

  1. But think of the firsts that are right around the corner, like first grandbabies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, oh man, can I relate to this post Becky!! It's hard. I know how you feel. It just doesn't seem possible that 18 years can pass that quickly. But the beautiful thing is that you have a great relationship with him and that he is such a good boy and you have so many wonderful things to look forward to. It's just kind of tricky letting go and realizing that your days of "raising" him are over. But you will ALWAYS be his Mom!! :) So... it's all good!!!

    ReplyDelete