Sunday, January 15, 2012

Charity Never Faileth

Charity Never Faileth is the Relief Society theme.  I have seen it in action over this past week and half by members of my church and by those who are members of other churches.  I have been thinking allot about how kind people are this past week and half.  The day we took Jordan to the MTC I got so many texts from so many kind women wishing me well and telling me they were thinking about me.  When we got home that day I took a long hot bath and put my PJ's on (at like 6:00). That night as I lay on the couch totally depressed there was a knock on the door.  It was a neighbor who I don't even know that well.  She brought a plate of rolls and simply said, "I was just thinking about you today.  You looked so sad on Sunday and I knew you took Jordan to the MTC today."  The Sunday before we took Jordan a lady in the ward came to me and hugged me and told me she was so jealous of me!  She has two sons that served missions and are now home.  She told me how much she missed getting those letters each week.  On Thursday night another lady came by with a gift and a card.  She gave me the book I'll Love You Forever and a nice card.  How thoughtful of her.  I was thinking today how blessed I am and how nice it is to have friends and be surrounded by so many kind women.  Thank you to all of you who are examples of Christlike service and love!  

1 comment:

  1. I can't figure out how to comment on your MTC post so I'll do it here. WOW! I can't believe you have a missionary! I love hearing about the kindness of your neighbors....so thoughtful. Hang in there. I have no idea what it's like to send a missionary off (and won't for a LONG time) but I know you and your family will be blessed while he is gone. Enjoy it!!!

    ReplyDelete