Sunday, January 22, 2012

Precious Moments

Last night we were at the SUU girls basketball game.  Courtney's basketball team was asked to play another team during half time.  After she played her friend told her that another friends mom was coming to pick them up to go to dinner.  (They were trying to get one of her friends out of the house so they could put together a suprise party for her.)  Courtney did not know that they were leaving directly from the game.  She was still in her basketball clothes.  Now to many people that may not be a big deal.  But to a 13 year old girl not having the right outfit for dinner and the party afterwards WAS a big deal.  Courtney was a little sad that they were going straight to dinner.  Whitney looked at her and said, "You can wear my clothes.  Do you want to go into the bathroom and change?"  As I watched all 3 of my girls bounce up the stairs of the Centrum and then come back in a few mintues later, Courtney in a cute pair of jeans, a darling shirt, stylish flats, and a cool leather jacket, Whitney in shorts and a t-shirt.  I thought to myself that I want to remember this moment, how happy they all are, how sweet and kind that was of Whitney and how fun it is to have sisters!  So next time they are fighting over where the purple sweater is or who wore those jeans last I will remember them on Saturday night!

1 comment: