Monday, January 9, 2012

And he's off...






Mark's parents came in from Denver on Tuesday.  We all went to dinner at Wingers before Jordan was set apart.  You may notice all the boxes on the table.  No one could eat much, our stomachs were all in knots!!!!






Elder Comstock with his Grandpa and Grandma Jordan.

Elder Comstock with his Grandpa and Grandma Comstock.

Elder Comstock with the Jordan's.




These really aren't the greatest pictures of any of us. You can tell how hard we are all trying to smile.  These were taken in the parking lot across the street from the MTC.  I think we were all a bit apprehensive.  



I LOVE these two pictures!!!

I have been seriously contemplating for sometime now just HOW to say goodbye to my first born child, my only son for 2 years.  I will tell you this... It is NOT an easy thing.  BUT the MTC is such a great place.  As we drove up and saw ALL of those handsome Elders (more than 100 of them) standing outside waiting for MY son my heart was full.  As Jordan opened the truck door before his feet even touched the ground he was greeted by 4 handsome Elders with warm smiles and they all  said "Welcome to the MTC Elder."  I was blessed with a feeling of calm and peace.  I knew in my heart that Jordan would be fine.  Of course I would miss him terribly, but I was at peace.  As we drove away with our eyes full of tears Madee reminded us all that it is just CIAO (see ya later) not really goodbye!  Words cannot describe how proud I am of my son.  He will change lives and families in Honduras as he shares the good news of the gospel with all who will listen.   

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe the time has come already! Love these pictures! Can't stop crying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is brutal, isn't it!?!? That is one of the hardest days ever! But I promise it gets better!! The blessings of having a missionary out are amazing! Congratulations to Jordan and your whole family! It's the best! So, in Matt's last email he said he met a family in his new area that were in your ward in Cedar City!!! CRAZY! He said the wife is American and the husband is from South Africa. He didn't give their names,but do you know who he's talking about!? Crazy small world, huh!?! Take care, hang in there, the first 2 months are the hardest then time starts to pass more quickly! :))

    ReplyDelete