Monday, January 30, 2012

Missionary Moms

While we were up North we went to meet Jordan's mission companions family!  Crazy huh?  I joined a missionary mom email group after Jordan got his call and met this lady Marilyn Oveson through it.  She said her son was going to same mission as Jordan and going into the MTC the same day as Jordan.  Her and I started emailing back and forth and low and behold her son and Jordan ended up being companions!!!  Small world huh?  They seem to be doing well together.  I wish I had a picture of them together but he has not sent me any yet.  Marilyn and I decided to snap a picture together to give to our sons.  I know they will think we are absolutely CRAZY!  Which maybe we are.  As we (me and Whit) were driving to their home late Friday night Whitney said to me "Mom do you realize what you are doing?  Didn't you say you met this lady online?  And now you are going to her house on a dark late night!  Isn't that the opposite of what you are supposed to do?"  Well, she had a point!  It turned out great.  They are a great family and we had a nice visit.  It was just fun to sit around and talk about our sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment